Lea Katherine Thompson

Thompson was born on May 31, 1961, in Rochester, Minnesota,[ one of five children born to Clifford Thompson and Barbara Barry Thompson, a musician. Thompson is the sibling of Coleen Goodrich, Shannon Katona and Barry Katona. Her mother is of Irish descent.She was a ballet student as a girl and danced professionally by the age of 14, winning scholarship opportunities to San Francisco Ballet, the Pennsylvania Ballet, and the American Ballet Theatre.When she turned 20 old and dancing professionally with American Ballet Theatre's Studio Company (then known as ABT II), the moment came to determine if she should join the main company. Mikhail baryshnikov was then at the time the artistic director. He said to her "You are a beautiful dancer but your body is bulky." That was her "epiphany" that she revealed that this was that moment that made me choose to quit dancing and stop being a ballet dancer. It was an amazing moment. I could have smashed my head against the wall for 10 years. "[She changed to acting. She relocated to New York at the age of 20 and appeared in several Burger King commercials in the 1980s, along with Sarah Michelle Gellar. Her co-star in Back to the Future Part II was Elisabeth Shue. and made her film debut in 1983, with Jaws 3-D. She recalled the film as "the the first film I've ever seen, but I lied and said I'd done a couple of other movies, so when I showed up, I had practically nothing. I also claimed that I could waterski. It wasn't the case. As I was required to be a part of the Sea World water-skiing program, I was given five days in which to master water-skiing skills. I don't know how to swim!" This was followed with All the Right Moves (1983) as well as Red Dawn(84), along with The Wild Life (1984).

<





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amanda Lamb personal life

Rachel Emily Nichols

Rose McGowan